In service arena, test process is something which should be
standard, but there should be room for customer’s suggestion and their
existing process.360logica is flexible enough to adopt existing
methodology and process which customer suggests. And if they ask us to
implement, we follow standard Test processes in our execution plan.
Generally we work in different models like V model, Agile/RAD, Spiral and waterfall.
The overall test process assumes that an organizational level test policy and test strategy exist and that these will define why the
organization tests things, what is important to the organization (i.e.
costs, quality, time, scope) and how, by whom and when testing should
be carried out. The test process should be referred to in the test
strategy and adhered to during the test planning, test analysis and
test design, test build and test execution sub-processes and the
process steps required within each sub-process.
The following high level test process aims to address the following questions:
- What will be tested and why – master test plan (and test plans) informed by input from the test policy and test strategy
- How it will be tested – test specification, test design and test build
- When it will be tested – test scheduling
- Who it will be tested by – test execution
- What it has discovered – test recording
- When it will finish – checking for test completion